Public Snake courses
Anybody that may come in contact with snakes or a snakebite will benefit from these courses.
The Snake ID and Snakebite Treatment course is registered with the HPCSA and medical doctors and other health professionals that pass the test can claim 5 CPD points (Continued Professional Development).
Corporate Snake courses
African Reptiles and Venom presents snake courses for the mining sector, agricultural developers, construction companies, medical professionals, field guides, farmers, etc. Anybody that may come in contact with snakes or snakebite will benefit from the courses. In the Mining industry snakebite is seen as an occupational hazard which could lead to the closure of the mine or site for a number of days resulting in a loss of revenue.
This course covers the following:
- Identification of the dangerous and medical important snakes.
- Symptoms and syndromes of snakebite.
- First Aid protocol
- Medical Snakebite treatment.
- Allergies to anti-venom and treatment of anaphylaxis
Doctors and Medical staff will earn 5 CPD points on completion of this course.
- For public once a month presented at African Reptiles & Venom training center in Gauteng.
- Companies required to have 10 or more people for booking. Add travel and accommodation where applicable.
R1300 per person Vat incl.
R2100 per person Vat incl. to add Venomous Handling